This receipe is very easy to make and delicious on two counts: it’s a great snack and filling enough to be part of a meal.
100g/3½oz courgettes, grated
6 spring onions, finely chopped
100g/3½oz plain flour
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- The first thing to do is prepare your courgettes. Grate them in a bowl and then squeeze as much of the water out of them as you can. The best way to do this is by placing large lumps into a muslin cloth and squeezing hard.
- Add the spring onions and cheese to the courgettes and mix together.
- Add salt and pepper for a little extra flavour.
- In a separate bowl, mix up your eggs and add it to your courgette mixture.
- Lastly, add the flour and mix to form a lumpy paste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Place a spoonful of the fritter mixture into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown.
This meal is ideal if you have young children and need to sneak a few vegetables into their meal. The courgettes will be beautifully transformed into mini hot cakes! Enjoy.